Leading Quality Improvement in the Real World
The aim of this two and a half day programme is to provide healthcare professionals with the fundamental skills to implement or support colleagues in delivering quality improvement initiatives to enhance the patient experience. The programme will build on individuals’ knowledge of quality improvement techniques and develop the essential leadership and management skills to ensure the successful delivery of projects. A key element of the programme will be the design, implementation, and the leadership of a real quality improvement project within candidates’ own organisations. Webinars will be held between the workshop days to provide additional theoretical and practical input from the UCLPartners Quality Improvement Team.
IMPORTANT: PARTICIPANTS MUST ATTEND ALL TWO AND A HALF DAYS TO RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION. THROUGH THE BOOKING YOU ARE CHOOSING WHICH PRESENTATION SESSION YOU WILL ATTEND ON THE FINAL DAY OF 23 MAY. BY REGISTERING YOU ALSO AGREE TO ATTEND THE 23 MARCH AND 25 APRIL FULL DAY SESSIONS.
The outline programme is as follows:
Day One: 23 March 2017, 09:00 – 17:00
- Theory and practice of quality improvement
- Measuring improvement
- Experience and challenges of delivering a quality improvement project – real case study
- Launching your quality improvement project
Day Two: 25 April 2017, 09:00 – 17:00
- Leading multi-professional teams
- Managing change and dealing with resistance
- Human factors in change
- Additional tools/models to support change initiatives
Day Three: 23 May 2017, 09:00 – 12:30 or 13:30 – 17:00
- Candidates present progress on their individual projects and share their reflections with the group
Who should attend:
- Doctors in training ST4 and above
- SASG doctors
- Nurses – band 7/8a
- Allied Health Professionals – band 7/8a
Registration (click on the link below to register)
DEPOSIT FEE: £32.45 will be refunded upon attendance at all the sessions. Refunds for cancellations will only be processed up to seven days before the event takes place. If a cancellation takes place within the period of seven days before the event, the £32.45 deposit fee will not be refunded.